About CASA of Ventura County
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Ventura County recruits, screens, trains, and supports volunteers who advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected court-dependent children in courtrooms and communities. CASA believes that every court-dependent abused or neglected child should be safe, have permanence and the opportunity to thrive, and have a strong, compassionate volunteer Advocate (called “a CASA”).
Every child or young adult (18-21) who enters the juvenile dependency system in Ventura County is appointed to the CASA of Ventura County program by the presiding judge with a priority ranking system. Once a CASA volunteer has been screened and trained, they are presented with cases of children currently on our wait list and assigned to one of those children based on highest need. The CASA volunteer then spends 10-15 hours per month working on the case, which not only includes building a one-on-one relationship with the child, but also collaborating with the child’s social worker, legal representative and others who can offer insight into the well-being of the child, which may include relatives, parents, caregiver, school officials, health providers and others.
General position areas of responsibility
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of CASA of Ventura County. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives, The ED serves as the leader and primary spokesperson for the organization. The position identifies and pursues strategic opportunities to increase the profile of CASA among current and potential funders and partners (corporations and grant entities) and policy makers. The ED monitors fiscal processes, resource development and grants administration, and facilitates opportunities for program growth and development. The ED directs and supervises all staff and Peer Coordinators, monitors and evaluates the agency program results for compliance with national and state standards and protocols, and provides technical assistance to the Board of Directors in fulfilling its governance function.
- Develops and implements strategic plans, including the definition of strategic and financial objectives, resource requirements, periods and implementation in collaboration with the Board of Directors. Initiates, analyzes, and implements action plans to achieve defined objectives responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, including fiscal controls, board of directors insurance, officer liability and business coverage.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the agency and its programs against established strategic goals and objectives, reviews results with staff, and takes appropriate action as necessary. Develops organizational policies for approval by Board of Directors.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing a successful Fund Development Plan that effectively utilizes the talents and contacts of the Board and other key leaders, to meet the organization’s fund development goals. Actively cultivates new and existing relationships with political leaders, corporate executives and other funding sources to meet CASA’s revenue and program goals, and builds and monitors an individual and planned giving program.
- Ensures the financial integrity of CASA, directing all accounting and auditing activities. The ED ensures compliance with all applicable laws and maintains official records and documents, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensures the development of an effective team, with provision for succession and cross training. Provides clear leadership for staff and volunteers, and maintains a climate that attracts, motivates, and retains quality professionals and volunteers.
- With the Board Chair develops agendas for meetings, makes recommendations for the composition of the Board and its committees, and facilitates the best thinking and involvement of each Board member. The ED regularly informs the Board and the Chair on the condition of the organization and all factors influencing it.
To Apply, Click Here to enter our automated jobs site, powered by iKrut.