SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH OF CARONDELET, LOS ANGELES PROVINCE
SEARCH SUPPORT PROVIDED BY THIRD SECTOR COMPANY (https://thirdsectorcompany.com/executive-search/current-searches/
Mission Statement of Carondelet Center
Carondelet Center is owned and operated by the Los Angeles Province of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, comprised of approximately 300 vowed women religious. Its focus is “community” with special emphasis on province administration, local community living, and care of the sick and elderly in Holy Family Community. The Center functions as a home, a place of ministry and service, and as a focal point for province activities. Within this environment of serving and caring with compassion, there are many opportunities to learn and to grow from experiences at the different stages of life. Those who reside in community and those who serve are encouraged to foster a spirit of unity and reconciliation which is the distinctive characteristic of the mission and ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
In fulfilling this mission, each person who serves or is served at the Center strives:
- To respect the dignity and uniqueness of every person;
- To fulfill assigned responsibilities in a manner that is cooperative and contributes to the common good of all;
- To appreciate and respect each person’s unique role in providing or receiving services;
- To nurture collaborative relationships that promote teamwork and community building;
- To provide quality service that is both person-centered and professional.
POSITION: CENTER ADMINISTRATOR
The Administrator at Carondelet Center is responsible for the operations of Carondelet Center within the framework of the Mission, Vision and Values of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The Center serves as a residence for sisters (including the Care Center for retired sisters), and houses administrative offices. It also serves as a community center for gatherings and events. The Administrator reports directly to the Province Leadership Team via an assigned Member. He/she collaborates with the Administrator of the Care Center, and serves as an integral member of the senior management team.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a demonstrable history of superior performance in a similar setting and will possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in senior management and administration of a conference or gathering center, and/or a multifaceted senior care environment is required.
- Understanding and appreciation for the unique needs of a faith-based, welcoming facility serving women religious is required.
- Demonstrated significant experience in hiring, managing, evaluating, supporting and retaining staff is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s degree in nonprofit administration or management is desirable (educational requirements may be waived given sufficient specific experience).
- Demonstrate excellence regarding integrity, dignity, respect and service in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
- Embody the qualities of a leader and a team player in assisting colleagues and reports, and working together with other components of the organization.
- Demonstrate appropriate initiative and openness to taking on additional tasks and responsibilities that improve Carondelet Center’s operations.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Oversee all of the operations of Carondelet Center and ensure that systems and operating procedures are maintained at a high level of efficiency and quality.
- Provide direction, support and guidance to these departments: Facility, Hospitality, Events, Food Services, HR, and Information Services.
- Work collaboratively with employees and residents, including working closely with the Home Care Administrator.
- Provide a positive work atmosphere for employees and a caring service environment for sisters, vendors, neighbors and visitors.
- Work with the Province Leadership Team and Mission Integration Coordinator to promote the Sisters of St. Joseph mission, values and spirit with current and future employees. Embody the welcoming and nurturing spirit of the Province and the Center.
- Develop long-term strategic goals and intermediate objectives to continuously improve the operations of Carondelet Center.
- With input from appropriate staff, develop and present an annual budget and a five-year capital budget to the Province Leadership Team for review and approval; monitor actual expenses relative to budget and provide justification for variances.
- Monitor the integrity and longevity of major infrastructure elements and direct the replacement, retrofit or repairs.
- Maintain all approved fiscal policies and procedures of the Center including prior approval of capital and operating expenditures.
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply, please send a specific cover letter and resume to execsearchssjc@
PLEASE NOTE: The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet has retained Third Sector Company as its professional executive search partner for the recruitment, screening, and support activities leading to the hire of its Center Administrator. This Position Profile has been approved by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet as a public document for distribution. Third Sector Company is not responsible for omissions, modifications or any misunderstanding that may arise from unauthorized edits or misinterpretation. Please contact Third Sector Company for additional information (www.ThirdSectorCompany.com).