Reopened: regular accessibility to Pasadena, CA is required
Role Title: Personal Assistant
To apply, click here
Role Overview: A Personal Assistant is sought, who is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative and personal support to an active professional, thereby facilitating their efficiency, productivity, and overall effectiveness. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, discretion, and the ability to handle a wide range of tasks with precision, professionalism and flexibility. Serial Creative Entrepreneur in the fashion, art, education and publishing fields seeks immediate placement of a person interested and dedicated to her productivity by handling personal and business matters, from her home office in Pasadena, CA.
Creative entrepreneur needs a “right hand”- someone who can keep track with care of confidential information and of many details and at the same time understand the relative priorities. Their role is to accomplish both a number of the administrative tasks as well as to communicate on behalf of the Entrepreneur – with team members, stakeholders, partners and prospective partners.
The successful candidate will typically have five or more years supporting a C-Suite executive, or be a highly motivated individual with graduate degree that wishes to become an entrepreneur. The person must be comfortable with communicating issues needing resolution or feedback the same day they occur, comfortable with Adobe/Canva, social media, search engines as well as general internet research. The person must use iPhone and iMac systems and be knowledgeable about the Apple ecosystem. They will have clear direction but not always the details filled in, so a person who thinks on their feet is required. They will be managing disparate projects and have a calm, organized and professional disposition.
This is an exciting role as the successful candidate will have some travel opportunities (1-2 weeks per year) and will be working on interesting and creative projects.
1. Calendar Management: Effectively manage and prioritize the executive’s schedule, including arranging and confirming appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries.
2. Communication: Screen and manage emails, phone calls, and other correspondence, ensuring that critical matters are addressed promptly and irrelevant distractions are minimized; draft emails for executive when requested.
3. Task Coordination: Organize and oversee tasks, projects, and deadlines, often involving collaboration with other team members in the UK and US.
4. Travel Arrangements: Plan and coordinate both domestic and international travel, including flights, accommodation, ground transportation, and travel itineraries.
5. Information Management: Maintain confidential files and documents, and keep records organized for quick reference.
6. Research: Conduct research on new business ventures or projects, compile information, and provide summaries and recommendations.
7. Expense Management: Track expenses, prepare expense reports, and ensure adherence to budget guidelines.
8. Meeting Support: Prepare agendas, take meeting minutes, and follow up on action items from meetings.
9. Event Planning: Assist in planning and organizing campaigns, conferences, dinners or personal engagements.
10. Liaison: Act as a bridge between the executive and other team members, clients, vendors, and external partners, ensuring efficient communication; coordinate with assistants in other time zones, particularly handing off tasks with PA in the UK.
11. Problem-Solving: Anticipate and proactively address potential issues or challenges and find solutions independently when necessary.
12. Prioritization: Help the executive prioritize tasks and manage their time effectively.
1. Virtual Personal Assistant: highly skilled, kind demeanor, authentic in their disposition towards people of geographically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
2. Experience: at least three years of experience in a similar role, preferably supporting high-level executives or professionals.
3. Organizational Skills: exceptional organizational and time management skills are crucial to handle complex and varied responsibilities.
4. Discretion: the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion is essential.
5. Communication Skills: strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary for effective interaction with various stakeholders at all levels.
6. Adaptability: The ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment is essential.
7. Tech Savvy: Proficiency with office software, scheduling tools, Apple products and other relevant technology is essential.
8. Problem-Solving: A proactive approach to problem-solving and decision-making is highly valued.
9. Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail is essential to ensure accuracy in all tasks and communications.
10. Resourcefulness: The ability to find creative solutions to various challenges and tasks is required.
11. Professionalism: Maintaining a high level of professionalism and representing the executive positively in all interactions.
The personal assistant will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of the executive’s life and career. A portion of the time will be spent on the executive’s personal life matters, and the majority will be supporting international nonprofit humanitarian projects. Thusly, knowledge of the nonprofit sector will be highly valued. This position demands a high level of dedication, organization, and adaptability to excel in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
The Role will involve training in the first two weeks to onboard to the project.
Hours: Average 7-10 hours a week.
Salary: $50-60/hour part-time hourly rate, depending on experience.
Benefits as mandated for part-time workers in California
Location/travel: Hybrid, but weekly presence in Pasadena is expected.
Nondiscrimination: We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), gender, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, and sexual orientation.
To apply, click here