CALL FOR INTERIM DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Highly Respected San Francisco LGBTQ Arts Organization
FindALeader.org’s partner Third Sector Company has been engaged by a renowned LGBTQ Arts Organization in the Bay Area to place an interim Development Director immediately, and to manage the search for a permanent Director of Development and Marketing, which is likely to span over several months.
Following is a summary of the SCOPE OF WORK:
- An experienced Interim Development Executive will benefit from Third Sector Company’s detailed and explicit guidance on interim executive placements, and will be supported by an experienced Senior Advisor to support and confer with the Interim when necessary and desired.
- The primary goals for the interim engagement are:
- Maintain the annual fund activities that are underway;
- With ED, create an advancement plan for FY 2020; review contributed revenue for this fiscal year and create forecast for 2020 budget;
- Maintain stewardship of new and existing (non-corporate) major donors, utilizing the strong support of an active board Development Committee;
- Develop methods to capitalize on the organization’s recent success through institutional marketing;
- Support the Board Nominations committee as it brings on new members;
- With the Box Office and Marketing staff, begin implementation of a new membership program;
- Manage and supervise the part time development associate and grant development contractor.
The Interim Executive Director will be a temporary staff hire by the client. The interim executive will submit a personal performance work plan to the client and Third Sector Company within 30 days of engagement to refine or modify the initial performance indicators. Both the client and the Third Sector Company anticipate the engagement will be approximately four to six months in length. The starting date will be as soon as possible. The salary for the position is competitive for an organization of its profile. The hours of work for the position of Interim DD will be negotiated between the interim candidate and the Executive Director. A minimum of two to three days on-site is expected, with additional time to be provided virtually.
For more information and to express interest, interested experienced Interim professionals should contact: Marc Haupert (Senior Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen Wardner, Client Concierge, at email@example.com.