Center for Health Care Rights – Los Angeles, CA
The Center for Health Care Rights is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization dedicated to assuring consumer access to quality health care through education, counseling, informal advocacy and legal services. The Center is the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) for Los Angeles City and County and is the primary source for Medicare beneficiaries to access free and unbiased Medicare education and information. The Center’s direct services to Medicare beneficiaries empower consumers who are seniors and/ or people with disabilities and their family members to use Medicare, Medi-Cal and other health benefits effectively, make informed health care choices, and take appropriate action to resolve their health care problems. All services are provided free of charge.
Program services include counseling and informal advocacy (to help clients understand their Medicare and Medi-Cal rights and benefits, obtain access to programs that provide help with medical expenses, and help resolve access to care problems within the Medicare and Medi-Cal programs); community education and outreach (via free educational seminars on Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other health care topics for Medicare consumers, caregivers, and health and social service providers); and legal assistance (with staff attorneys providing Medicare beneficiaries with legal advice and/or representation to resolve serious Medicare and Medi-Cal access to care problems or claim denials).
The Program Assistant is the first point of contact for individuals and organizations communicating with the Center for Health Care Rights by telephone, mail, and, once we resume in-office appointments, in-person. It is the Program Assistant’s responsibility to provide support to direct service staff and management in their efforts to provide services to Medicare beneficiaries and those individuals soon to be eligible for Medicare benefits.
• Answer telephone hotline primarily serving Medicare beneficiaries
• Answer administrative telephone calls and route to appropriate staff
• Provide front office support as needed
• Schedule appointments for appropriate services
• Maintain accurate database records on all client contacts and services
• Provide office support for administrative tasks including mailing, copying, scanning, filing and scheduling
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Three years or more experience providing exceptional customer service
• Prior experience working on a telephone hotline or answering heavy telephones
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and professionalism
• Interest in serving the needs of seniors and/or people with disabilities
• Proficient with Microsoft 365 and Office Suite
• Experience with database systems and spreadsheets preferred
• Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish, Korean, Russian, or Armenian are encouraged to apply
• Candidate must communicate effectively in both English and Spanish
Salary and Benefits: This is a salaried non-exempt position with a salary of $45,000 to
$50,000 per year depending on qualifications. Employer provides 100 percent paid premium health and dental benefits and paid parking. The Center offers a voluntary and self-funded tax-deferred annuity program and supplemental insurance. Generous paid time off including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
This is a full-time position. The expectation will be that this position will work in the office (in the Wilshire Center area of Los Angeles; parking is provided). Applicants considered for hire must pass a background check and be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
The Center for Health Care Rights, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, equity, and access. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all people and do not discriminate based on race, ancestry or national origin; color; sex; sexual orientation; religion; physical disability; marital status, or age. We encourage all applicants to apply.
To apply, click here https://careers.ikrut.com/541494d7-4c1d-4e28-a5ee-acdc29c6c071/0/jobs/a/71376?src=direct&v=637935197654965032